Having trouble printing? Print the PDF version: Image & Text,
Guided Reading Level O, Grade Level Equivalent 3.4. This book provides a variety of reading, vocabulary and writing activities to provide meaningful learning experiences; and songs set to familiar children’s tunes, to reinforce difficult-to-remember social studies content.
* Use the books to introduce a famous American, or use as reinforcement for subject matter you’ve already covered.
* Walk children through each page of the minibook and complete them as a group. Older students might be able to work independently.
* Have children work in pairs to complete the mini-books, then have one child read the biography out loud.
* Have children color the mini-books.
* Invite children to bring them home and share with their families.
* Copy the songs onto chart paper.
* Sing the songs whenever you have a few minutes to spare!